On 11/01/07, Dan LaBine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
JRH wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This new wireless card, as gotten me pulling my hair out bigtime.....
>
> I cant get it to run either with the Linux drivers, or even with ndiswrapper.
Dan is probably right here but last time i had a major problem like
this it was because the OS was loading the wrong module first (in my
case bcm43xx) check lsmod to see if there is aready a mod loaded for
the card, it'll be the wrong one. This will stop you loading the new
one but shows "hardware present driver present" I got round it by
blacklisting the other mod to stop it loading, some people have done
it by renaming it. I too was tearing my hair out - I'm now bald! but
my wifi works. Re PCLinux (my main OS) that seems to load bcm43xx for
almost any card!
Keep trying!
Stuart
Registered Linux Mangler #001