----- Original Message ----
From: Lee Wiggers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: newbie@mandrivalinux.org
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 9:44:34 AM
Subject: [newbie] (OT) Ogg2mp3

Question:

Analog recording from a master results in a copy slightly
deficient, as everyone knows.

How does that apply to a digital reproduction?  Or, in
this case, changing the digital format from ogg to mp3?
And how much actual degradation are we talking about? ~

I have given up finding a mini-player and have 20gig or so
of oggs.

Lee

----cjs reply----
if youve got good libraries, then there wont be much degrating at all.
Audacity does great with converting OGG, WAVE, and MP3. To convert to mp3
however, you have to dl a library and i dont recall what the name of the
library was.
----end of reply----

Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com

Be a PS3 game guru.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=120121____________________________________________________