Paul wrote:
Hello all,

It is not my habit to send attachments to the list, but I can't describe
this one.

Does anyone know (and is willing to share) how to fix this strange
effect that Midnight Commander shows me since the upgrade to 2007?
There used to be lines...

Thanks!
Paul

I bet you kept your /home and upgraded????
read and follow the errata with respect to the utf8 portion?

UTF8 issue when reinstalling and keeping a previous /home that was not in UTF8

When installing instead of upgrading, and keeping a previous /home, the install doesn't convert the /home to UTF8 and some characters might not display properly in filenames. To solve this issue, save the following convert-filenames-to-utf8.pl script in your /home/UserName/, and run the following commands to convert your /home/UserName/ to UTF8 :

cd ~/
chmod u+rx convert-filenames-to-utf8.pl
./convert-filenames-to-utf8.pl

--