Hi

I have an asus p4p800 motherboard and an asus ti4800se video card. When
installing mandriva 2007 I have a problem that has not happened on previous
mandriva installations on the same hardware (9 and 10.1).

If a do a normal install (acpi enabled) it crashes when starting the xserver
after the first boot.

However if I do a no acpi install the nvidea splash screen appears and the
gui starts ok but the system does not shut down properly. It stops at system
halted and then the power button has to used to shut down.

A google search suggests this problem is not unique suggesting using lines
in boot options to force no acpi. I have not tried this but it will probably
produce the same result ie will not shut down.

Does anyone know how to do an acpi enabled install on similar hardware but
make the graphical server start.