I installed xfree 4.1.0 on freeBSD and it works fine in
itself. But installing it has messed up my capacity to run
netscape: "Couldn't open /usr/libexec/ld.so." and trying to
compile *anything* that uses X, such as nedit and the gimp
has proved futile.

Can someone *please* help with this because I'm utterly
stumped.

The installation was utterly fresh. I removed existing
/etc/X11 and /usr/X11R6 directories and installed it fresh.

I'd be grateful if anyone has had this problem, or can
explain how to fix it (or at least point in the right
direction).

Tah
Chris Poole