use XFree86 -configure or xf86cfg (see post by Eric Sprague Re: [Newbie]ATi Radeon
today)
basically I am unconfortable with your HorizSync and with the fact that you have a
Modes line
without anything in it in your display subsection for depth 24.
These may have nothing to do with your problem but it would be nice to eliminate the
possibility...
Lionel