OK , we're gonna try it again before I get too far along with this system. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help all

Tom
----- Original Message -----
From: Dennie Lee
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Newbie]Upgrading to 4.2.0 WITHOUT losing my existing desktop etc.

At 02:29 PM 2/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Hi all. Anybody have any tips on doing this. I tried to upgrade my RH 7.2 box so that I can use the updated ATI drivers and try and get some hardware accel for MPEG playback but I just succeeded in screwing up the system. So I have reinstalled and now want to try again but I don't want to blow it this time. Obviously I said Y instead of N to a question in the installer that caused this.

So, has anybody done this successfully? If so, how ?

Well, in my case I just hit enter for everything except when it asked me if I wanted to install the Japanese fonts, I just wanted to save a few Kb of disk space.  I have to say, it worked fairly well.  I didn't notice ANY change, so I am happy!

Dennie Lee