I am trying to get XFree86 4.2 working on FreeBSD 4.4 and am having no luck.
Video Card is Trident TGUI9680 and Monitor is Viewsonic Q71. Can't get
anything but black screen after 'startx' even when using generic VGA
settings. I downloaded the binaries and installed with Xinstall.sh script.
Question: Is there an 'easy' way to uninstall 4.2 ? Configuring X has always
been somewhat of a hit or miss propasition for me but I have never had this
much trouble before so I want to go back to 3.3.6. Any help would be
appreciated.

 Robert A Smith

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]