I used "XFree86 -configure" but failed. I could see that the X server started
up. A densely-dotted black screen was displayed along with a X-shaped mouse cursor.
Then, the system was locked up. After looking into the log file, it seems that there
was problem with mouse configuration. But I'm using a Logitech PS/2-compatible
3-button mouse. It has never been the problem under Red Hat Linux 4.2 . I've read
README.mouse carelly with no significant gain. Under Solaris, which device interface
should I choose, /dev/mouse or /dev/kdmouse?? The latter seems to work better. As for
Protocol, I tried "PS/2", "Auto", "Microsoft", "MouseMan", "VUID" and they never
worked.
        I'm in desperate need of help.