I have a problem with starting X windows system.

my comp config is

P II 350 MHz
96 MB SDRAM
20 GB HDD (4GB to LINUX)
Trident 4MB AGP Display card
LG studioworks 563N 15'' Monitor
  monitor specs - H. Freq - 30-61 kHz
                          V. Freq - 50-120 Hz

my computer can do 1024x768@32bit color in Windows 98.

I am not able to make these settings in linux 7.0

I tried Xconfigurator but no combination works  out.

The system correctly detects both the monitor and the AGP card but when i let it test setting, the system hangs.
The monitor displays "Out of Frequency range" error.
when i have specified the range of frequency why would the system produce out of frequency signal??
if anyone can help out please mail me thanking you
arun