Well from what I've heard the XFree binaries are quite okay... I myself used the
Slackware files (still I'm surprised it's maintained that fast, taking into account
how many ppl use it compared to the big ones like RH/SuSE/debian and so on) and
everything is great. What's on my to do list is installing GATOS, but I'm a lil afraid
it could mess up my sys, and currently I don't have enough space for backup... that
is, unless I did it on a loopback on my Windoze disk.

What you need is not a second box but rather a second hard disk to play around with -
just make the FAT partitions inaccessible and you should be safe... unless you fool
around with fdisk not knowing what ur doing, that is.

Dex