yin element106 wrote:

>   Hi
>       I'm running a redhat7.2 with xfree86 4.10,and now I need to
> rebuilding some modules files such as mouse.c from src(xfree86 4.10src from
> ftp.xfree86.org).
>       My problem is that when I rebuilding them followed the
> INSTALL-X.org,

It might help you a little to be aware that INSTALL-X.org is not
relevant to XFree86.  It's a historical relic from the original release
from X.org, a separate organization from XFree86.org.  Unfortunately,
XFree86.org doesn't provide much documentation on building from source.
On a supported platform like RedHat you should be able to just go to the
xc directory at the top of the tree and run "make World" and it should
Just Work.

Your best approach is probably to get your XFree86 source tree back to
original condition, use mkdirheir(1) to make a tree of symlinks to work
in, make your source changes in that new tree, and just "make World"
from the top of that tree of symlinks.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html