Hi Folks,

Has any of you succeeded in running X on a laptop / desktop with the SiS 630 chip?
I'm trying to get it running under Mandrake 8.2 and / or Suse 7.2 without much success.
I'm unable to get the screen resolution to 1024 x 768; onlu 800 x 600 works but with a terribly bad image.

I found 'a driver' on the www.sis.com site for Linux, but I do not succeed to get it running....
When I run xf86config and follow all the 'advisable rules' I do choose a keyboard, however, when starting X I get the message that I must choose / config a keyboard and also set fonts...

I guess 'unfortunately' to me installing a Win-driver is still a lot easier.. :-(

Any suggestions welcome!!

Thanks!!

Erwin