Hello,

My problem is that I only can get a resolution of 640x480, but both my card
and my monitor supports 800x600 mode.

I have a Samtron SC-428VS (E) monitor, and my card is a PCI Trident
TGUI9440. I've recently installed Slackware 8 - but with Mandrake 8.0 I had
the same problem-

This monitor is not in a data base list where I can choose it, and I think
it is a very important pert of the problem.

The clues I have I get they from X -probeonly, and the messages are:

Not using default mode "640x480" (hsync out of range)
Not using default mode "800x600" (bad mode clock / interlace / doublescan)
..

Do you know what can I do? Can you help me? I want to use some apps in
graphic mode, but in a 640x480 I have very large icons.

Thank for your help.

Daniel Mazzucco.