Hello,
          I have a version of linux 7.0 which contains the version of Xfree86 is 4.0.1 release.
During the installation when configure ur VGA card appears i select the --generic S3 driver-- for my S3 (Trio 3D/2X) card having 4MB on card memory.

When i press the "test ur vga configuration" button then i see a graphical blue screen back-ground and a message box which contains the message "Press Yes button if u see this box". Here, i think my Vga card is configured.

But after ending the installation when i booted my system for the first time then, for a second i see a black background with dotted white fore-ground and then after a blink in which i see a blue screen again my computer starts in the linux shell-mode.

But in shell mode i receive the message after 10 sec which is something like this that " .........is mysteriously killed.............gdm."
I read many manuals downloaded from the Red Hat Linux Site. I did'nt find whats the actuall problem is...

Also, i have Phillips (104E) model monitor which has no any driver in Linux but linux have Phillips (104B) model's driver. When i consult the h.freq and v.freq of my monitor i found that it's near to my monitor's model h.freq and v.freq.
Tell me is it right if i use the (104B) model's driver for my monitor??

Help me so that i do my work on linux.and if u have any other resource which explains my problem then plz mail me as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Naveed.

_______________________________________________ Newbie mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] *** To unsubscribe , or change message options, see: http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/newbie