I tried to update to 4.2.0 many times. I even reinstall my whole system.
But every time I updated to 4.2.0. kde and gnome refused to work. But there
is no XFree86.9.log in /var/log. when use kde, it reports dcop errors. when
use gnome it says the owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be root then exit X. I
can see the message too when use 4.1.0. but 4.1.0 works well. I use nvidia
driver. I don't know if the driver have something to do with it. Please
help. thanks very much