Looks like RH7.3 Xconfigurator is enabling DRI-mode everywhere, but there's no DRI driver
anywhere on the system!  I ran through some of the tests on the XFree86
site, and didn't see anything about DRI support for Cirrus Logic chipsets
(though the "Driver Status" says "Support (accelerated) for...").
Load "dri" was listed, as well as a dri-section.

Does anyone have a kernel module (and an SMP one, if they're different) for
the Alpine chipset?
(RH 7.3 -- Kernel 2.4.18-4 and 2.4.18-4smp)

Also, does anyone know how to determine what "MemBase" the card is using?

Thanks in advance!
--AJ

PS: I finally got the video to work OK, but I had to use the "noaccel" option...anyone know why I had to do that...it's a "Cirrus Logic GD543x".  After trying the no_bitblt and other video modes to no results.