I have tried to set-up X for some time now on my computer at home. I have two other PC's a stationary IBM with a CRT monitor, and a notebook both runs X without any difficulties, but my Compaq...

I have tried for a couple of days to get the box working with X Redhat 7.3 and SuSE 7.3 both installs with a graphical installation routine, but once I try set set-up X. I either get no signal on my DVI flat panel monitor (Compaq FP720) or I get a very flickering test picture which rolls over the monitor. My graphic card is a TNT-2 Ultra (Creative) with outputs for a normal monitor, a DVI flat panel monitor and TV. I have tried many different monitor options but non has been successful.

Any suggestions or do I simply have to give up my FP monitor (I'd rather not)?

Regards
Martin