I have XFree86 4.2.1 installed in Red Hat 8.0.
I have a Hitachi CM751 monitor and Riva TNT2 M64 video card which will support resolution of 1152 x 864 at a refresh of 100Hz.
This was easily achieved in every version of XFree86 prior to 4.1, but 4.2.1 will only allow a refresh of 85Hz.

I have installed the latest nVidia driver ( nVidia -1.0-3123 ), but still I can find no way to increase the refresh rate. At 85Hz the screen is narrowed, so I need to increase to 100Hz.
Could anyone please provide a sample XF86Config which shows how to add a mode line to the config file and force the refresh up.
Thanks, Brian.