> How can tcp port 32768 be disabled? When using startx,
> the -nolisten tcp option seems to disallow all tcp
> access, but when using xdm, it only disallows port 6000.
> I haven't been able to shut down port 32768, and haven't
> found any documentation that describes how to do it.
>
> Thanks.

You could always try using a firewall.   Check out www.netfilter.org

Oisin Feeley

This is more or less what I'm trying to get working now. I just
feel like there should be a more elegant solution :) I'm not even
sure what this port is doing.

BTW, sorry for multiple posts on the same subject - this is
an indirect result of my not being subscribed to the group
originally, and the messages being held in queue for the
moderator's approval - when I didn't see them, I resent...