On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<ava...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Potlatch can handle waypoints, they show up as special POIs you have
> to unlock to turn into actual nodes in the database.
>
> What it doesn't handle, or more specifically the GPX import script, is
> GPX tracks that only have a waypoint section.

Right, so it looks like for my needs, the right thing to do is just
combine the data into one single gpx file.

The use case for this, btw, is that in the Washington, DC area, we run
mapping parties fairly frequently.

We have various GPS units on hand to lend out, and what we've found
works best is to take the tracks and waypoints and email the data to
the users for input into OSM.

I'd been taking the waypoints and tracks separately but as someone
pointed out,  it's not hard to combine them, so I guess that's what
I'll do.

Thanks for the help folks,

- Serge