the big problem with this solution is offline apps.

for example: i have the osmand app and downloaded my area.
but when ever i would leave my neighborhood it would route wrong. and when
ever i would check on the osm site it would do fine.

after a while i discover that i had a street under construction but all the
work was done and it was changed in osm but it was still in my app.