Mark R. Taylor

Take no prisoners!

http://americantruckersatwar.com
AmericanTruckersAtWar Discussion Group
http://youtube.com/ironponyexpress

--- On Tue, 9/9/08, milford421 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

September 9, 2008

"Friday afternoon, about 150 non-Muslim Swift workers protested the
company's break-
time accommodation of the Muslims. They said that the change was unfair to
workers of
other religious beliefs who don't receive similar concessions."

"Joe Rios, a day-shifter for nine months at Swift, said he felt the
Somalis were asking for
special treatment and "taking advantage of our kindness" in America.
He said "most of us"
at Swift are Catholic and observe a month of Lent each year without seeking
work
concessions based on religion."

www.jihadwatch.org
Muslims strike to protest Swift's reversal of Ramadan accommodation
What's the big deal? Let Muslims have their break times when they want! It
doesn't mean
Sharia is coming to the U.S.!

Of course. But what it does mean is this: rising tensions and resentment from
non-
Muslims who have to take up the slack for the Muslims. And since Sharia allows
for
absolutely no compromise, that means that American businesses are going to have
choose between making Muslim employees a privileged class, and alienating their
non-
Muslim employees, or allowing no Sharia accommodation at all.

My money, given today's political climate, is on the former -- despite the
article below. I
expect that Swift will ultimately cave to Muslim demands.

A stealth jihad update on this story: "JBS Swift Musilm [sic] workers
protest Ramadan
reversal," by Chris Casey for the Greeley Tribune, September 9 (thanks to
John):

More than 150 Muslim workers didn't report to their meatpacking plant jobs
Monday in the
wake of what they called JBS Swift & Co.'s sudden reversal of
accommodation for their
religious fasting during Ramadan.
The workers initially planned a two-mile march from downtown Greeley's
Lincoln Park to
the plant, but a gathering that formed mid-morning never left the park.
Throughout the
day, several Greeley police officers watched from the park's edge.

Company officials met with several workers Monday afternoon at the plant, and
Somali
representatives later spoke with workers in downtown Greeley.

Graen Isse, a Swift worker and group spokesman, said the workers would not
discuss
details of their grievances, which were supplied to Swift in writing, until the
company
responded. He said he expected to hear from Swift Tuesday morning.

"I believe (the workers) will be back to their jobs," Isse said.

Asked what would happen if the workers didn't get what they wanted, Isse
said, "That's
another question. We'll pass on that."

The workers, mostly Somalis but many also from several other East African
nations, said
they were told by Swift management on Friday to not report to work Monday until
the
matter of changing break times to accommodate their Ramadan fasts was settled.

On Friday, about 300 Muslim workers left work mid-shift -- about 9:30 p.m. --
when
they say they were told not to break at 7:30 p.m., when their roughly 12 hours
of daily
fasting for Ramadan ended. Earlier in the week, the workers negotiated with
Swift to get
an earlier break to allow them food and water after their fast.

[...]

Omar Clarke, who described himself as "a white-and-black" Muslim but
not Somali, said
workers at 7:30 p.m. Friday were told not to leave their work lines. He said
the company
then locked bathrooms to stop workers from going to them.

"At 7:30 Friday they did not accommodate us on our religious
beliefs," he said. "After they
told us we couldn't pray, we all walked out."

[...]

Smid read a company statement late Monday afternoon: "Friday evening, a
group of
employees left work without proper authorization. The matter was discussed with
their
union representatives and the company took appropriate action. JBS Swift
desires to
accommodate the religious practices of all employees, which includes its Muslim

employees, provided it can do so reasonably, safely and without undue burden.

"JBS Swift works closely with its employees and their union
representatives to accomplish
this balance of reasonable accommodation and operational requirements,"
the statement
concluded.

Smid said she could not elaborate on the size of the group that left work and
what the
company's "appropriate action" might entail.

[...]

Friday afternoon, about 150 non-Muslim Swift workers protested the
company's break-
time accommodation of the Muslims. They said that the change was unfair to
workers of
other religious beliefs who don't receive similar concessions.

Brianna Castillo, a non-Muslim JBS Swift worker told the Tribune Friday,
"The Somalis are
running our plant. They are telling us what do to."

Aziz Dhies, who doesn't work at Swift but said he is a local representative
of the Somali
community, said the Somalis are peacefully trying to get what they consider a
rightful
concession to their religious beliefs.

"We are very peaceful people. We don't hate anybody," he said.
"We love everybody here."
[...]

How comforting.

Joe Rios, a day-shifter for nine months at Swift, said he felt the Somalis were
asking for
special treatment and "taking advantage of our kindness" in America.
He said "most of us"
at Swift are Catholic and observe a month of Lent each year without seeking
work
concessions based on religion.
"I think it's either you want to make money and work and put your
prayers aside or you
stay home," he said.

Rios said he'd heard that some disgruntled Muslim workers damaged property
in the Swift
parking lot Friday.

Tymkowych said police, who responded to the release of workers Friday night,
didn't
encounter any vandalism. "If it happened inside (the plant), they
didn't tell us about it," he
said.

That is contrary to a report I received.

Posted by Robert
Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at