Wall Street Journal
Op-Ed: Obama Is Stoking Racial Antagonism

Rapid Response Exposed Obama Spanish-Language Ad About Rush

Getting the truth out fast made the difference here.

 Superb Columns: Tapper | Martin | Powerline
 Ad: "Dos Caras" | Rush '06: Limbaugh Laws

 var clickURL =
"http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_091908/content/01125107.guest.html";;

window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;}
if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href;

Rapid Response Exposed Obama Spanish-Language Ad About Rush

September 19, 2008

Listen To It!  WMP | RealPlayer   Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members
only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to get to the Wall Street Journal op-ed today that I told you was
coming yesterday.  We've linked to it at RushLimbaugh.com, if you haven't seen
it.  I want to thank everybody who has written me kudos about this, not just
you from the audience, but several friends of mine in the conservative media,
just all over the place, the response has been heartwarming.  The real bottom
line, I'll tell you what I think this is.  The purpose of this Spanish-language
ad was in part to distort what I had said and what McCain's views on illegal
immigration are.  But I actually think that there was an attempt by the Obama
people -- and this is not my ego speaking -- I'm analyzing this politically.  I
really think that part of what they hoped was that McCain would race to the
microphones and denounce me, thereby marginalizing me as a commentator,
participant, what have you, in the remaining days of the election.  This is why
the rapid response.  I had
 to go to the airport, four o'clock wheels up on Wednesday afternoon for
Austin, and I was responding to these reporters and getting the truth out
there.

We actually started it before the program was over.  We started researching
here what I had actually said and how it had been lifted out of context.  We
found the Morning Update from 2006.  It took us a little while to find it, the
NAFTA comments, a transcript of a radio show in 1993 responding to a caller.
But it wasn't until I was in the air on the way to Austin that I was able to
get this information to these reporters.  We were doing e-mails and firing all
this stuff out at 49,000 feet, folks, and I got the computer out there, and HR,
he's going with me, and he's sitting to my left, and every time we got a
favorable response at Politico or Jake Tapper, whatever, I said, "Okay, this is
working.  Our version of this is getting out there now."  A lot of people don't
think rapid response is called for because it's defensive.  Well, sometimes if
they're lying about you, it depends on the degree and what's happening, what
the stakes are.  In this
 case I couldn't sit around and let this go because I've been through this too
much.  The whole distortion of the Donovan McNabb thing, the Michael J. Fox
situation, both of those are fabulous examples of exactly what Obama tried
here, and this is a tactic of the left and I've been used to it because I've
been victimized by it so damn much I can recognize it before it even shows up.

So when I saw this ad, I'm sitting here, "Wait a minute, I didn't say that.  I
know I didn't say that this way," just knew it.  So the research began and we
were able to dig it out.  Folks, it's paramountly obvious here.  Any candidate
like Barack Obama who employs the tactics of the old segregationists of the
fifties and sixties is unworthy of the presidency.  Barack Obama is stoking
racism.  He personally is doing it.  And of course he knows it well.  One of
his mentors is a flaming, out-of-control, reactionary, radical racist Jeremiah
Wright.  He and his wife have learned it well.  They know exactly how to do it,
and he got his training as a Chicago street thug, community organizer.  He gets
people out of the way.  He has a history of getting his opponents off the
ballot or out of the way.  So anyway, all well that ends well.  We even have
some Drive-By Media commentary on this.  I'll show you the value of rapid
response.  Last night,
 Hardball, a montage of correspondent David Shuster's report.

SHUSTER:  Obama, though, is also running a false ad, and this one is on Spanish
television.  (speaking Spanish)  The spot quotes Rush Limbaugh saying Mexicans
are stupid and unqualified.  The narrator then says John McCain and his
Republican friends have two faces, one that lies to get your vote and another
that continues the failed policies of George Bush.  The problem is that John
McCain and Rush Limbaugh don't agree on the issue of comprehensive immigration
reform.  And today a McCain campaign spokesperson said, "It is offensive and
dishonest for Barack Obama to lie."

RUSH:  Now, in that case Shuster does not get the truth out about how my
comments were lifted and taken out of context, but he does get right that
McCain and I don't have any agreement on this issue at all other than, you
know, as I write in the piece I'm gratified that McCain has now come out and
said that he's for securing the borders first before trying anything else.
This is Howie Kurtz last night on CNN.

KURTZ:  The commercial talks about intolerance, making Hispanics feel
marginalized in this country we love so much.  But he puts up quotes about Rush
Limbaugh about, "stupid and unskilled Mexicans."  But the Arizona Senator
bucked his own party in pushing legislation to create a path to citizenship for
those here illegally, and the Limbaugh comments are tape out of context.
During the NAFTA debate 15 years ago, he wasn't talking about immigrants, he
was saying that uneducated and unskilled Americans would lose their jobs to
stupid and unskilled Mexicans working in Mexico, and Limbaugh, by the way, was
one of McCain's loudest critics during the primaries.

RUSH:  So they're nailing this ad.  The bottom line is they're nailing this
ad.  Last night, CNN, Anderson Cooper 180 talking with Candy Crowley.
"Spanish-language ads linking McCain and Limbaugh have been directly pointed
out as being unfair."

CROWLEY:  Absolutely, and -- and directly wrong.  I mean there have been
several people that have looked at this ad and compared it to the actual
record.  Rush Limbaugh was taken out of context, the tie between Rush Limbaugh
and John McCain is nonexistent, and yet that's what this ad is.

COOPER:  Yeah, as I recall, Rush Limbaugh was not a big fan of John McCain for
a long time, as I recall.

CROWLEY:  Absolutely.

RUSH:  Yeah, so this is why rapid response works.  Here's last night Wolf
Blitzer, elitist member of the media, as described by Lady Lynn Forester de
Rothschild, talking with Buffalo Bill Bennett, and Wolf said, "It's a pretty
tough ad." (interruption)  Well, Buffalo's in part of his e-mail address.  Like
I have a friend named Al, and his e-mail address, Uncle Big Al, whatever and so
forth.  A couple I know, Penny and Richard, they call themselves "Penrich."
That's what I call them.  If you're going to have an e-mail address that has
that, then that's how I'm going to address you.  Anyway, here Bill Bennett, and
Wolf said, "It's a pretty tough ad basically suggesting that McCain and
Limbaugh are now partners in this anti-immigration mood out there.  It's a
pretty tough ad."

BENNETT:  There are two people who had diametrically opposed views on
immigration.  It was Rush Limbaugh and John McCain.  To be linking those two,
this was probably Rush Limbaugh's least favorite presidential candidate.  So I
mean I know people love to hate Rush Limbaugh, my friend, but this is
scurrilous and ridiculous.

RUSH:  They also had The Forehead last night, Paul Begala with Blitzer and this
is what Begala said.

BEGALA:  Limbaugh and McCain had opposed views, and that is true, but now
McCain has come round to the Limbaugh point of view.  Apparently Limbaugh,
since the passing of Jerry Falwell, is the most important person in the
Republican Party, it's perfectly fair because fact is today, because of
pressure from the right and Limbaugh, McCain has the same position on
immigration as Rush Limbaugh.

RUSH:  He does not.  But here's a campaign operative, The Forehead, doing what
campaign operatives do, and that's rip McCain.  There's no similarity to McCain
and me on the immigration issue.  One thing he has moderated on is he's for
open boarders now, securing the border, rather, before starting anything else.
But anyway, let's see.  Well, one more.  Here's Contessa Brewer of MSNBC
talking to Democrat strategerist Keith Boykin.  Now, this is another lib
defending the ad even though he can't understand it.

BREWER:  Obama's campaign is trying to tie talker, radio talker Rush Limbaugh
and John McCain to the same immigration policies.  So here it is in Spanish,
trying to reach out no another pivotal bloc of voters, and Keith, it's wrong.
Rush Limbaugh and John McCain do not have at all the same stance on immigration.

BOYKIN:  Well, I have to say, I couldn't hear the ad because it was in Spanish
but I'll tell you this much, John McCain's position on immigration has
changed.  He flip-flopped on the issue.  Last year he was in favor of an
immigration bill that this year he said he wouldn't even vote for. So I can't
say that ad is wrong because we don't know where John McCain is.

RUSH:  That is not what he said.  He said he would vote for it again but he
knows that it doesn't have a chance.  He has not moderated on this but he's
trying to say that he has.  It isn't gonna work, none of this is gonna work and
on Monday, just to let you know, all of this that I have said, monologues, the
2006 Morning Update from which they lifted the quotes out of context, we're
going to have a Spanish-speaking gentleman say everything I have said about
this on Monday in Spanish, not just to the four states Obama's running this
pathetic ad, but across the fruited plain.

END TRANSCRIPT

Read the Background Material...

• Wall Street Journal: Obama Is Stoking Racial Antagonism - Rush Limbaugh
• Politico: Limbaugh, Hitting Back Over Usage In Ad, Says Obama "Stoking Racism"
• ABC: From the Fact Check Desk: Obama's New Spanish Language TV Ad Es Erróneo
• Washington Post: Obama Invokes Rush Limbaugh in New Spanish-Language Ads

Mark R. Taylor

Take no prisoners!

http://americantruckersatwar.com
AmericanTruckersAtWar Discussion Group
http://youtube.com/ironponyexpress

Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at