Biden says ad mocking McCain is 'terrible'

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080923/D93C985O0.html
Sep 23, 2:56 AM (ET)

var fiMaxNumSponLinks = 5;
var fiSponLinksDivHgt = 195;
var fiSponLinkTarget = new Array();
var globHtmlWriteSponSideBar1Obj = new Object();
globHtmlWriteSponSideBar1Obj.type = '8';
fiSponLinkTarget[0]= new Array('gca_sidebar1', globHtmlWriteSponSideBar1Obj);
fiSponLinkTarget[1]= new Array('gca_sidebar1', globHtmlWriteSponSideBar1Obj);
//fiSponLinksChannelTag = 'excite_myway_news_js';
document.write('
');

p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;}

WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama's running mate says a campaign ad that mocked
Republican presidential candidate John McCain as an out-of-touch, out-of-date
computer illiterate was "terrible" and would not have been done had he known
about it.
Obama, McCain's Democratic rival, launched the ad earlier this month, part of
an aggressive push to slow McCain's rise in the polls after he chose Alaska
Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. It included unflattering footage of
Sen. McCain at a hearing in the early '80s, wearing giant glasses and an
out-of-style suit, interspersed with shots of a disco ball, a clunky phone, an
outdated computer and a Rubik's Cube.
"He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail,
still doesn't understand the economy, and favors $200 billion in new tax cuts
for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class," the ad says.
Asked about the negative tone of the campaign, and this ad in particular,
during an interview broadcast Monday by the "CBS Evening News," Obama's running
mate, Sen. Joe Biden, said he disapproved of it.
"I thought that was terrible, by the way," Biden said.
Asked why it was done, he said: "I didn't know we did it and if I had anything
to do with it, we'd have never done it."
Late Monday, Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton issued a statement from
Biden. In it, Biden said he "was asked about an ad I'd never seen" and was
"reacting merely to press reports."
Biden said that, as he said in the interview, there was nothing "intentionally
personal" in the criticism of McCain's views.
"Having now reviewed the ad, it is even more clear to me that given the
disgraceful tenor of Sen. McCain's ads and their persistent falsehoods, his
campaign is in no position to criticize, especially when they continue to
distort Barack's votes on an issue as personal as keeping kids safe from sexual
predators," Biden said.
Biden was referring to a McCain ad that said Obama supported sex education for
kindergartners, based on a bill he voted for as an Illinois state senator.
Obama's campaign said the ad was a "shameful" distortion of his record because
the bill's language meant young children would have been taught about sexual
predators and concepts such as "good touch and bad touch."

Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at