http://familysecuritymatters.org/blog/id.310/blog_detail.asp

September 29, 2008
Gov Palin - Understanding the World Through Education
Renee Taylor

In today's Kansas City Star's Opinion page, Rod Dreher takes it upon himself to
look into Governor Sarah Palin's thought process as to why she has not traveled
abroad.  Dreher, however, has decided in his "opinion", that he knows more
about Gov. Palin's actions than she does herself, when he writes "I suspect the
truth is that Palin simply didn’t have the intellectual curiosity to travel
abroad and learn from other cultures."
Gov. Palin admitted in a recent interview with Katie Couric that she only
recently received her passport.  This is apparently a major issue with Dreher.
Gov. Palin explained that she, like so many of us, has not traveled abroad,
stating:
"I'm not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who
perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a
backpack and say go off and travel the world.

No, I've worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life until
I had kids. I was not a part of, I guess, that culture. The way that I have
understood the world is through education, through books, through mediums that
have provided me a lot of perspective on the world."
Dreher's comments are without merit and without fact.  Millions of Americans
can directly relate to her answer for it is ours, also.  To continue with his
attempt to inaccurately portray Gov Palin as "disinterested" in the world
beyond our borders only shows the self-absorbed attitudes of those who continue
to live in junior high school jealously and envy of a someone who - while not
in their elist "worldly" clique - is a very popular, successful woman poised to
obtain the second most powerful position in the nation.

posted by : renee taylor on September 29, 2008

Mark R. Taylor

Take no prisoners!

http://americantruckersatwar.com
AmericanTruckersAtWar Discussion Group
http://youtube.com/ironponyexpress

Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at