Title: Message
Fanning the Flames of Ethnic War in Macedonia
The International Community’s Exacerbation of the Balkans Crisis

by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed
    I.I The Collective Interests of NATO members in the Balkans
    I.II The Economic Base of Military Policy
    II.I The Pipeline Project
    II.II The Protectoratisation of the Balkans to Forge a Regional
        Pax-NATO
    III.I The Context of State Repression of Ethnic Minorities
    III.II Ethnic Albanian Victims of Police Brutality
    III.III International Support of Macedonia Despite Systematic
          Human Rights Abuses
    III.IV The Impact of Albanian Nationalism
    IV.I The Origin of Ethnic Albanian Guerrillas
    IV.II International Support of Macedonia’s Offensive
    IV.III Bloody Fruits of Western Policy: Humanitarian Catastrophe

The escalation of hostilities between Albanian guerrillas and the Macedonian regime has further contributed toward the potential for the destabilisation of the entire Balkan region. However, the war that has arisen in the aftermath of NATO’s intervention in Kosovo continues to be inextricably linked to the role of the international community in the Balkans. An analysis of the strategic interests of the United States and other Western powers in the Balkans particularly in relation to Macedonia, coupled with a close scrutiny of recent developments in relation to the Macedonian-Albanian hostilities, highlights that the current crisis is an inevitable product of the West’s ongoing policy in the region. This policy is not only geared fundamentally to secure hegemonic interests in the lucrative Balkan region, but is also – in its method of actualization - thereby in systematic contradiction to the humanitarian principles the West professes to uphold.......MORE

 http://www.mediamonitors.net/mosaddeq8.html