AP; Ananova. 16 November 2001. U.S. Air Raids Kill 11, Destroy Taliban
Office - AIP; Bush issues Ramadan greeting to Muslims.

ISLAMABAD and WASHINGTON -- U.S.-led forces early on Friday bombed
Kandahar, the southern Afghan stronghold of the embattled Taliban,
killing 11 civilians, the Pakistan-based Afghan Islamic Press (AIP)
said.

The U.S. planes pounded the city's eastern districts in blistering raids
through the night and into the early morning raids and targeted the
Taliban's foreign ministry building, AIP said.

It said the external relations section of the ministry and a mosque were
destroyed in the attack.

Meanwhile, George Bush has issued a wartime Ramadan greeting to the
world's Muslim communities.

His message emphasised the humanitarian effort by the United States in
Afghanistan.

But he has already stressed there will be no suspension of the bombing
of Afghan targets during the Muslim holy time of Ramadan, which begins
this weekend.

In the written statement Bush quoted a brief passage from the Quran
about piety.

"We send our sincerest wishes to Muslims in America and around the world
for health, prosperity, and happiness during Ramadan and throughout the
coming year."

                                   Serbian News Network - SNN

                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                    http://www.antic.org/