http://www.hindu.com/2006/03/13/stories/2006031303441500.htm

The Hindu
March 13, 2006

Russia blames West for Milosevic's death Vladimir Radyuhin

MOSCOW - Russia has held the West and the
International Criminal Tribunal for the former
Yugoslavia (ICTY) responsible for the death of former
Yugoslav leader Slobodan Milosevic.

Milosevic was found dead in his cell at a U.N. prison
near The Hague on Saturday.

Russia's Foreign Ministry implicitly criticised the
ICTY tribunal for refusing Milosevic's request to go
to Moscow for medical treatment of his chronic heart
ailments and high blood pressure.

"Unfortunately, despite our guarantees, the tribunal
did not agree to provide Milosevic the possibility of
treatment in Russia," the Ministry said.

Russia had issued official guarantees that Mr.
Milosevic would return after treatment, but the court
on Friday turned down the request.

"By refusing Mr. Milosevic permission to come for
treatment to Russia the Hague court refused him the
right to life," Deputy Speaker of the Russian
Parliament Lyubov Sliska said.

"I think this is a political contract killing," said
General Leonid Ivashov, former head of the Defence
Ministry's International Cooperation Department.

                                   Serbian News Network - SNN

                                        news@antic.org

                                    http://www.antic.org/