<http://continentalnews.net/christian-news/radical-muslim-influence-on-the-increase-in-kosovo-365.html>

http://continentalnews.net/christian-news/radical-muslim-influence-on-the-increase-in-kosovo-365.html

Radical Muslim Influence on the Increase in Kosovo

Posted on 06. Jun, 2010 by
<http://continentalnews.net/author/jeremy-reynalds/> Jeremy Reynalds in
<http://continentalnews.net/category/christian-news> Christian news

Within the last couple of months, Christians in Kosovo have been victims of
what has been described as the increasing influence of radical Muslim groups.

Kosovo is a disputed territory in the Balkans. Kosovo borders Central Serbia
north and eastward, the Republic of Macedonia to the south, Albania to the west
and Montenegro to the northwest. The largest city and the capital of Kosovo is
Pristina

In an e-mail obtained by ASSIST News Service, Pastor Artur Krasniqi said a
church member from a town in the western part of the country was recently
brutally beaten.

Two days after the attack against the church member, Krasniqi said, Kosovo
Police arrested a group of five people believed responsible for the attack.

In addition, Krasniqi added, one of his church’s buildings in Prishtina was
recently vandalized.

In addition to the attacks, Krasniqi said, he is worried about Islamic
influence. He said, “Muslim radicalization of our country has become our
serious concern, as it will impact not only our democratic values and freedoms
but our safety and well being too.”

Krasniqi asked that those concerned about the plight faced by his fellow
believers write to both the Prime Minister and President of Kosovo expressing
their concerns.

Krasniqi said people wanting to know more should go to
www.kishaprotestante.net, or e-mail kishaprotesta...@ipko.net