“Asllani Planned Terrorist Attacks In Serbia”

By Ljubica Vujadinovic <http://www.allvoices.com/users/LjubicaV>
<http://www.allvoices.com/compose/LjubicaV> Description: send a private message

 <http://www.allvoices.com/Serbia/Central-Serbia/Belgrade> Belgrade :
<http://www.allvoices.com/Serbia> Serbia | Jun 19, 2010

Source: Tanjug News Agency

The decision of the Eulex judge to release the terror suspect Bajram Asllani
comes as a surprise and deserves a condemnation, the Serbian Interior Minister
Ivica Dacic said.

According to our findings Asllani was planning the terrorist attacks on the
territory of central Serbia and I expect the international authorities in
Kosovo to take into consideration both American and Serbian requests for
Asllani’s processing.

The release of Asllani, as one of the most extreme and radical Islam leaders in
the province, may mean that there are some “double standards for members of
Albanian radical groups”, Dacic assessed.

Interior Minister reminded that the Serbian authorities had issued an
international warrant for Asllani’s arrest in 2007, after the court in Belgrade
convicted him under the terrorism and illegal weapon possession charges.

“The operative information of the police also points out that Asllani is still
a member of the Wahhabi movement and is in close contact with known radical
Islamists from the cities of Novi Pazar and Sjenica.” Dacic said.

According to the Serbian police, Asllani obtained large quantity of plastic
explosive in Bosnia and Herzegovina last year, and then transferred it to
Kosovo. He planned to use it for the terrorist attacks in central Serbia.

The original article in Serbian can be found at rtv.rs
<http://www.allvoices.com/s/event-6114490/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ydHYucnMvc3JfbGF0L2hyb25pa2EvZGFjaWM6LWFzbGFuaS1wbGFuaXJhby1uYXBhZGUtdS1zcmJpamlfMTk2MDQyLmh0bWw=>

<<image001.png>>