In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent

Doubles pair shows unifying spirit
Israeli Hadad, Pakistani Muslim Qureshi ignore politics
http://www.msnbc.com/news/773253.asp

WIMBLEDON, England, June 27 — The Wimbledon men’s doubles pair of Amir
Hadad and Aisam Ul-Haq Qureshi are doing their part to show the unifying spirit of
sport. Hadad is an Israeli and Qureshi a Muslim from Pakistan.

BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT, Qureshi asked Hadad if he had a partner. They shook hands,
entered the qualifying tournament and made it through to the main doubles draw.

"I didn’t even think about Qureshi being a Muslim until I went home and found
out it was big news in Israel, that a Jew was playing with a Muslim," Hadad said. "I
just thought of him as another tennis player, a human being.

"Maybe if we get far here we’ll do some good because people will see Muslims and
Jews can be friends."

Hadad and Qureshi won their first-round match 7-5, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (2) over Martin
Rodriguez of Argentina and Tom Vanhoudt of Belgium. They play Julian Knowle of Austria
and Michael Kohlmann of Germany in the second round, likely on Friday.

FARIDI NETWORK - sharing the knowledge
http://faridi.net