Hi, everybody!

I'm writing to let everyone know that after five years of hanging out at
Sopo, spending the last two employed by you to handle administrative things,
I'm taking off -- it's time for new adventures.  Thank you, everyone, first
for coming together all those years ago to take a bar napkin idea and turn
it into a fully functioning dream come true.  We made a bike shop, sure, but
we also made a well-respected always busy community resource that folks in
other neighborhoods are beginning to replicate.  Now that's saying something
about how much a group of caring committed people can do.

Second, thanks for hiring me.  We did everything together, you know, and I'm
glad I got to play this particular role.  Let's just say: I learned A LOT.

Before you get anxious about what's going to happen or who's going to run
things, relax.  Sopo was always meant to be a community operated
organization and shop, and it will continue to be.  Many of you have been
pitching in all along, and things wouldn't have been so awesome without
you.  If you've been meaning to get involved, now is a great time to jump
in.  You can make a huge impact on the City just by becoming a volunteer, so
hurry up and participate in Volunteer Orientation if you haven't already!
Plus, we've got an amazing Board of Directors made up of volunteers who've
been around a while.  Join them and others for shop meetings and get
involved with special events, fundraising, our youth program, and more!  If
you need more information, you can email [email protected], but if you
really want to get your feet wet, it's just like how things work at the
shop: show up and say you're here to help.  You will be welcomed.  Sopo is
good people.

So I'm heading to New York City where I'd like to join a nonprofit
development team and focus on fundraising.  Thankfully, I've got five years'
experience in that department!

Thanks again for making Sopo happen, and thanks for letting me serve our
community this way.  Good luck, have fun, and don't stop the roll.

Two wheels good,
Rachael
_______________________________________________
News mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.sopobikes.org/listinfo.cgi/news-sopobikes.org
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to [email protected]

Reply via email to