On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Don wrote:

> As the list of available handlers grows I find myself wishing for a sample
> template that shows *all* of the handlers in action.  Often the handlers
> are for sources I don't recognize and it takes quite a while to check them
> all out individually.

The handlers webpage has sample output. They're for each handler, though. Are
you saying you want all the samples on one page?

> For those handlers that are especially configurable, the sample could
> include a couple of examples using the handler's different options.

The problem with that is automating the process. I may allow handler authors
to submit a couple sample <!--newsclipper ... --> tags when they submit a
handler. (Whenever I find the time to make the submission process more
automated.)

> Perhaps that sort of template exists in the NewsClipper test system to get
> a jump on identifying handler-breaking site changes?

That's another feature I have planned. The author will be notified if
something catastrophic happens and no output is generated. (Little things like
missing the first link or something will still have to be found by users,
though.)

Regards,
David