Hello World,
        News Clipper impresses the heck out of me, and I decided to change the
entire scope of my new web site to take advantage of its features. That's
the good news.
        The bad is that I know zero Perl, know less about Unix, and want to learn
this language without having to bother/harrass the people on this list.
I've installed News Clipper and all its handles on my Win95 system, M$ DCOM
1.3 for Win32, and ActivePerl for Win32 (Build 518). My web hosting company
runs Red Hat Linux.
        While I know zip about Perl/Unix/CGI, I've been hand-coding (no wysiwyg)
my own HTML, JavaScript, and dhtml for the last 3-4 years.
        I hope to learn enough to hand-code my own handles, but after reading
through the introductory material and user manual, I already feel
overwhelmed. Besides this mail list, are there any other group resources to
ask for help in? Is viewing the source code for the available handles
enough to learn it from, as in HTML, or is a lot more info needed?
        I've noted three files already needed from reading: The NewsClipper source
file with the basic commands and filters/outputs, the output web page, and
the handler *.pm file. Am I missing something, or what exactly is the
relationship between the Perl files, the NewsClipper files, the HTML files,
and the Perl modules?
        Enough for now. Any advice you may have is welcomed, flames are tolerated.

Trying to find my butt with both hands,
Chuck Heffner

http://www.nuria.net and

http://www.nuria.net/tech.search.html - The Only Functional Pages for Now
OpenTrack at http://www.nuria.net
Placing the World's Best Databases at Your Fingertips

-
If you would like to unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the body "unsubscribe newsclipperlist
YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS" (without the quotes) or use the form provided at
http://www.NewsClipper.com/TechSup.htm#MailingList.