I just installed NewsClipper 1.20 (I had previously been successfully
using 1.17) and I am having some difficulty with File::Cache module.

The error I get is:

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/File/Cache.pm line 365.

I am not entirely sure what information would be useful in finding the
problem, but I would be willing to provide anything requested.

This is with perl, v5.6.0 built for alpha-dec_osf (Tru64 4.0d).
The other modules are
MIME-Base64-2.11
libnet-1.0606
Font-AFM-1.18
Digest-MD5-2.09
URI-1.05  <--- Not 1.04 as specified in the docs
HTML-Parser-2.25  <--- Not 2.23
libwww-perl-5.44
TimeDate-1.08
Time-modules-99.062301