On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Nikol Su wrote:

> I am running Perl v5.6.0 with the latest modules required from CPAN.
> I am keep getting this message when ever I run NewsClipper:
>
> News Clipper encountered a "no update" when there is no local
> version of handler yahoostockindices at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/NewsClipper/HandlerFactory.  pm line
> 153.

I've had to partially disable the update check while making some
improvements. This only affects people installing handlers for the
first time.

To fix the problem, you'll need to manually install all the handlers
that News Clipper needs (which includes filter and output handlers in
addition to the input handlers). You can download all the handlers in
one archive from here:
ftp://newsclipper.com/pub/NewsClipper/handlers.tar.gz

Just unpack them in the .NewsClipper directory.

David