I just downloaded the Linux version off the web site but for some reason am
totally unable to get this to work. I made all the files, updated the
configuration and tried to execute the example and ran into the message
issued in HandlerFactory

if ($versionStatus eq 'no update')
  {
    die "News Clipper encountered a \"no update\" when there is no local " .
      "version of handler $handler_name";
  }

It was my understanding that the latest handler would be downloaded. I
actually went so far to download it manually and stick it into the
Handlerdirectory without any results.

Thus I downloaded the Opensource copy and tried to compile it. One of the
last errors I ran into was the missing Log::Agent::Rotate which
unfortunately has Getargs::Long as a prerequisite. Compiling this guy gives
me a warning that it will raise a bug in Perl 5.6 (which is what I run and
is almost the latest and the greatest).

Also, I noticed that the code of the commercial version (again Linux)
prefixes the default directories with a period for reasons unbeknownst to
me, i.e. $HOME./NewsClipper etc.

Am I just too stupid?

Regards

  Rolf Ernst

If you would like to unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the body "unsubscribe newsclipperlist
YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS" (without the quotes).