Apparently the propaganda myth that Clinton's people vandalized the White House
before leaving it to Bush & Co. (I remember hearing it from Bob Novak on CNN)
has become "the truth," at least according to both NBC and ABC News.

 From Stephen Schneider:

MCM:

Yesterday, I personally heard both NBC and ABC propagate the
long-since debunked story that the outgoing Clintonistas in 2001
removed the "W"s from the White House computers. Whoever said it on
ABC (I was in a pizza place at the time, and the sound was kinda low,
so I didn't get an ID) appeared to present it as an accepted fact.
NBC's Brian Williams was a bit cagier, saying, "We all remember the
story about ... " and then doing nothing to discredit its veracity.
In each case, the context was to laud President Bush's alleged grace
and gentility in ceding the office to Obama, as opposed to the
rudeness he himself had purportedly weathered.

I didn't hear any such commentary on CBS, but it's entirely possible
it got in there somewhere.

Bush: booed by 2 million, buoyed by 2 networks. And they wonder where
blogging came from.

SS