From Greg Dinger:

Re: Global Water Awareness & Action Campaign

Mark,

Do you know there is a big fight with Nestle in McCloud, a tiny
mountain community in northern California over a water plant?

<http://protectourwaters.org/>http://protectourwaters.org/
<http://www.mccloudwatershedcouncil.org/>http://www.mccloudwatershedcouncil.org/

Originally planned at 1 million square foot (would have been the
largest industrial building in northern CA), the project was stopped
after Attorney General Jerry Brown wrote a tersely-
worded letter to Nestle as well as opposition from groups such as above.

Now they are back with a project of 350,000 square feet that they
want to drive down our
throats.  They own the land on which a lumber mill once operated and
it is believed there are
toxins buried on the property.  This is where the plant would be
built. The number of truck
trips in and out of this serene alpine community would result in a
truck/trailer rig every
3 minutes, 24/7.

Noise, air pollution, water draws that could potentially devastate
the ecology of the McCloud
River (blue ribbon trout fishing), road wear, traffic accidents
(particularly in the winter - it
snows here) and other problems would result from this project.

Anyone who is interested in such matters is encouraged to learn more
about this and support
us if possible.

Greg Dinger