Salsa HQ

Editor's Note: Because we've been publishing more stories, some
readers say they miss some that fly by. So, each month, we'll point
out some special stories from the previous month.

Salsa HQ

Salsa HQ

Here is a selection from February 2009, focusing on the challenges
and the battles facing the Obama administration:

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6X0R1W0d3FfzKcxJ%2B%2FEU7dUcw9VkCQ7l>Accepting

the End of the US Empire," by Ivan Eland, describing the need for
America to return to its traditions as a Republic. (February 3, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yzfRS3AhwVD6qZ0bIKmO%2F0duUNPc5hkc>First,

Jail All Bush's Lawyers," by Robert Parry, suggesting how the torture
investigations might proceed. (February 3, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Qg%2BLc3ilTsObCmxyDVSjP0duUNPc5hkc>Is

Peace No Longer an Option?" by Norman Solomon, alarmed by the trend
toward endless war. (February 4, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zSZ9u%2Fcj54BJkpP7issf8EduUNPc5hkc>Why

Not Cut Military Spending?" by David Swanson, noting the odd
Washington budget debate that ignores the Pentagon. (February 5, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ifC9yqICSJsC5b5SWj%2BOP0duUNPc5hkc>Panetta

Is Deferential to Republicans" by Ray McGovern, observing how
President Obama's CIA choice finessed tough questions. (February 6,
2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Rqlhr4PPNTgt75IWnVu3CdUcw9VkCQ7l>AGovernment

of Laws, Not of Men" by Peter Dyer, contrasting the traditions of
America with the present. (February 10, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CZ8XJhh9vHU3fECSu9wXu0duUNPc5hkc>The

GOP's Jihad on Obama" by Robert Parry, describing the assault on the
new administration. (February 10, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0Mtj3y%2BntWxYooYTuzIr7EduUNPc5hkc>Obscene

Wealth Can Be a Deadly Sin" by Howard Bess, rethinking how America
views morality. (February 14, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TPuP3nLbH0YYl7wnEVI6NdUcw9VkCQ7l>Torture

Report Erodes Bush's Defense" by Jason Leopold, revealing the
political influence on Bush administration legal opinions. (February
15, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QSETVppGi93j8YUH6YUZRkduUNPc5hkc>Obama

and the Media Dilemma" by Robert Parry, examining the strange media
dynamic that always tilts toward Republicans. (February 16, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=08t796IuaUKgGZWMVUw6ykduUNPc5hkc>Needed

NBC Series: Catch a Cheney" by Jeff Cohen, recommending a new TV
program chasing down war criminals. (February 17, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QLymBA%2FBK223RyWp3EebwUduUNPc5hkc>'Bitter'

Gore; 'Principled' McCain" by Robert Parry, describing the media's
double standards on Republican attacks. (February 18, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6iYJwdTmgGlYn4ZOSQPDJ0duUNPc5hkc>The

US Media & Democracy in Crisis" by Robert Parry, noting the dangerous
trend from a declining newspaper industry. (February 19, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IlYVboZsZ70Vg9Wpy%2BREW0duUNPc5hkc>Prosecution

for Bush War Crimes" by Marjorie Cohn, making the argument for the
rule of law. (Febuary 20, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Z7944pSRzFS6oAmiNtLqbkduUNPc5hkc>Obama's

'Seven Days in May' Moment" by Robert Parry, warning how powerful
forces are aligning against the new President. (February 20, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xCdDwdj9ECY2xhyhTDspTEduUNPc5hkc>Obama

Signals Bush-Lite on Liberties," by Ivan Eland, raising doubts about
the commitment to roll back the imperial presidency. (February 23,
2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XNLyJgUsnQ3IeIndRCoQU0duUNPc5hkc>'News'

Media Disgraced in Levy Casel" by Jeff Cohen, noting how the major
news media bungled the Chandra Levy murder case. (February 24, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TTnMBsWqDk%2BaadZb4zlNzkduUNPc5hkc>JFK,

FDR and 'Seven Days in May" by Lisa Pease, looking back at other
dangerous challenges to past presidents. (February 24, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BNfjVA2lfWZWVzfIoPs1%2FUduUNPc5hkc>The

GOP's Anti-Obama Propaganda" by Robert Parry, comparing the war on
Clinton with the war on Obama. (February 25, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=A2IlhCxaLbq2m6FLiL1qM0duUNPc5hkc>Can

You Trust the Republicans?" by Robert Parry, tracing the recent
history of GOP deceptions. (February 27, 2009)

"<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kQ8cMAllJrjsn3EHYL1JMUduUNPc5hkc>Obama's

War with the Right (& Media)" by Robert Parry, describing the
sharpening battle lines in Washington. (February 28, 2009)

To produce and publish these stories - and many more - costs money.
And except for book sales, we depend solely on the support of our
readers.

So, please consider a tax-deductible donation either by
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LivNB%2Fgo9BEsq0UOQPDNN9Ucw9VkCQ7l>credit

card online or by
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tCOtaAlJKzjjAwtZ53JOU0duUNPc5hkc>mailing

a check. (For readers wanting to use PayPal, you can address
contributions to our account, which is named "consort...@aol.com.").

For a donation of $100, we will send you a gift, autographed copy of
Neck Deep in paperback (or another book by Robert Parry, either Lost
History or Secrecy & Privilege - just tell us your choice).

For a donation of $150 or more, we will send the hard cover of Neck Deep.

Thanks for your support.

To remove yourself from this list, click here: