Wednesday, March 25, 2009

<http://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/2009/03/political-prosecutions-of-karl-rove.html>The

Political Prosecutions of Karl Rove: An Update

We posted yesterday about the Project Save Justice video,
<http://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/2009/03/we-must-not-forget-our-political.html>The

Political Prosecutions of Karl Rove, which can be viewed through
three clips at YouTube.

The video notes that former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman is at the
center of the best known political prosecution under the George W.
Bush Justice Department. But it spotlights numerous lesser-known
Democratic officials who were targeted on criminal charges that
appear to be flimsy or not based on the law.

Since writing our post yesterday, we have learned more about The
Political Prosecutions of Karl Rove. And it is good news for folks
who hope to see the appropriate people held accountable for turning
the Department of Justice into a political weapon.

First, The Political Prosecutions of Karl Rove is not just a series
of YouTube clips. It is a full-length documentary that is available
in a video format and can be downloaded on the Web. The complete
documentary is only 22 minutes long, so it packs a lot of vital
information into a relatively small package.

Second, the documentary is a first-class piece of work. From watching
the YouTube clips, it's easy to tell this wasn't put together by some
schlub with a Web cam. You can tell this was artfully done, and there
is a reason for that. The documentary was put together by
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McTiernan>John McTiernan, whose
directing credits include Die Hard, Predator, and The Hunt for Red
October, along with a number of other Hollywood blockbusters.

McTiernan has firsthand experience with the justice system through
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Pellicano>the Anthony Pellicano
case, and that might help explain his interest in the Bush DOJ.

The complete documentary can be downloaded at
<https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=666152107&email=9bd63f0db0f86ba062f8b4bad5937cda>this

link. My understanding is that downloads can take about 45 minutes. I
believe the documentary will be available soon in a video format
through Project Save Justice.

We will keep you posted here at Legal Schnauzer.