From John Ennis:

As long as Brunner's term as Ohio S.O.S. is still being evaluated, I
would like to offer my appraisal.

While in Ohio in 2008, both for promoting my election theft doc Free
for All! as well as organizing for Video the Vote, the issue of early
voting was fiercely fought by the Ohio G.O.P. While this
issue had already been passed by the legislature, the GOP
particularly took issue with "Golden
Week," the week in October when people could register and then vote
immediately.

Because this allowed poor people and students to vote in numbers they
never had before, there
was all the Republican resistance you would imagine, and then some --
court challenges, threats, press conferences, writing down license
plates of early voters, etc.  While Jennifer Brunner had maintained a
thoroughly non-partisan demeanor throughout her term, even in the
face of being
called a partisan rogue like her predecessor Ken Blackwell, in these
crucial months leading up
to the national election Brunner went to the mat to keep early voting
open and accessible.  It was
a continual fight until Ohio was called for Obama.

This is not to endorse her or anyone else for Senate, or to offer
blanket approval for her term as S.O.S.  Further, for purposes of
disclosure, S.O.S. Brunner briefly appears in Free for All!  But
so does Cliff Arnebeck, as well as the now former AG of Ohio who
received the 2004 election
ballot destruction case, and also Ken Blackwell and Mark Crispin Miller.

john w ennis
<http://www.freeforall.tv>www.freeforall.tv
<http://www.videothevote.org>www.videothevote.org