Here's a newscast from Las Vegas, about John Talley, a healthy
34-year-old killed by the
swine flu virus.

Note his friend's quote (in bold) in the penultimate paragraph.

MCM

Friend of Las Vegas H1N1 Victim Speaks Out

<http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=10640857#>

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=10640857#

John Talley spent his 34th birthday hospitalized in a coma.

An otherwise healthy 34-year-old man could not fight off the H1N1
virus and ended up becoming the first Clark County death from swine
flu. His roommate is now speaking out about what happened to his
friend.

John Talley spent his 34th birthday hospitalized in a coma.

"I've known him for 20 years. He's a healthy person," said Luc Mayer,
Tally's friend and roommate.

When Talley first became sick, he thought he had food poisoning but
the virus that is now a global pandemic ended up killing him.

"He came back from the doctor's office, and he said, 'they say I have
food poisoning.'"

Luc Mayer lived with Talley and two other roommates. They saw their
friend's health go down fast.

"He came home on Monday, looked at him, he looked worse. He went back
to the emergency room, and they checked him into the hospital."

Talley was admitted at Mountain View Hospital on June 15 for pneumonia.

"He never came out," Mayer said. He says that Talley did not respond
to Tamiflu or other treatments. He says his friend kept getting worse
and ended up in ICU for 13 days.

"I believe the hospital did what they could. The nursing staff in ICU
was incredible throughout, the doctors too," Mayer said.

What's frustrating for Mayer is that Talley's first four tests came
back negative. Only the fifth test was positive for H1N1. He died
three days later and Mayer has lots of questions.

"Anger, how can I not be angry? How you can go this long and not know
what's going on?"