*Four other doctors, and a nurse practitioner, are also signatories.*

*MCM*
Eight Reasons to End the Lockdowns As Soon as Possible

[image: Jonathan Geach, M.D.]
<https://medium.com/@jbgeach?source=post_page-----b7bb0bc94f00---------------------->
Jonathan Geach, M.D.
<https://medium.com/@jbgeach?source=post_page-----b7bb0bc94f00---------------------->

Apr 11
<https://medium.com/@jbgeach/eight-reasons-to-end-the-lockdowns-as-soon-as-possible-b7bb0bc94f00?source=post_page-----b7bb0bc94f00---------------------->
· 5 min
read

<https://medium.com/p/b7bb0bc94f00/share/twitter?source=post_actions_header--------------------------->
<https://medium.com/p/b7bb0bc94f00/share/facebook?source=post_actions_header--------------------------->
https://medium.com/@jbgeach/eight-reasons-to-end-the-lockdowns-as-soon-as-possible-b7bb0bc94f00
This post does not deny the effectiveness of social distancing or
quarantine for COVID-19. I am not encouraging people to suspend these
practices before official determinations have been made public. This post
is to help physicians, thought leaders and public officials understand and
weigh the risks and benefits of extended lockdowns versus more measured and
earlier return to work measures.We have already flattened the curve
Social distancing works. We have gone from predictions of millions of
deaths, to hundreds of thousands and now we are predicting about 60
thousand deaths <https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america>.
This is with the likely over reporting of death.
<https://amgreatness.com/2020/04/06/are-covid-19-deaths-being-overreported/>
Dr.
Birx admitted the attribution of death to COVID-19 has been liberal. If the
death count were limited to deaths directly caused by COVID-19, it would
likely be even lower than this.

*[Click on the link for the figures.]*

The most effective time for social distancing is early in a pandemic.
<https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-flatten-the-curve.html> Lockdowns
also slow the development of herd immunity, which helps a society move past
the virus.

We can still practice good hand hygiene, wear masks in public, and continue
social distancing for the elderly and high risk, while we develop
protective herd immunity for those most at risk. By the time the lockdowns
began, COVID-19 had already been seeded in the US for months, limiting the
effectiveness of the lockdowns in the first place as the virus was already
widespread.
Economic collapse and unemployment are destroying families

Each day the shutdown continues, we are losing approximately one million
jobs, as evidenced by 16.5 million initial weekly jobless claims in three
weeks (since March 26). Many of these lost jobs will never return. If the
lockdowns continue through April (essentially, a best-case scenario), we’ll
be lucky if job losses are limited to 25 million. Many people see 6.6
million people as just a number , as Len Kieffer put it,
<http://lenkiefer.com/2020/04/03/us-labor-market-update-april-2020/>it is
the size of the state of Missouri. Twenty five million is almost the size
of the state of Texas!

*[Click on the link for the figures, and then the rest of the article.]*

--
If you appreciate News From Underground, please consider making a donation —

2) go to http://groups.google.com/group/newsfromunderground and click on the
"Unsubscribe or change membership" link in the yellow bar at the top of the
page, then click the "Unsubscribe" button on the next page.

For more News From Underground, visit http://markcrispinmiller.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "News
From Underground" group.
to newsfromunderground+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/newsfromunderground/CAGxB6W9YHNNnzXMGxDz_eoB_O2-AGf3yoW1byPZC%3DXZ8HUt2mw%40mail.gmail.com.