I've been recording and then hand browsing most nights this spring. Even on
crummy nights with drizzle or light north winds, at least one Black-billed
Cuckoo vocalized each night. Total Black-billed Cuckoo calls (some are
duplicate birds heard calling twice as they pass over, once distant and once
clearly audible) over Etna, NY thus far (including some partial song notes) is:
190. Total Yellow-billed Cuckoo migrant songs or song fragments over Etna, NY
thus far is: 41 - these birds seem to clearly sing only once and cannot be
heard repeating again. Most nights I don't seem to start recording until 10:00
or 11:00pm, just due to personal logistics, so I know I've missed some birds
moving earlier in the night, soon after end of civil twilight. Lots of other
cool migrants have been able to be picked up including many Alder Flycatchers
and multiple probable Willow Flycatchers, plus several migrant Virginia Rails
and at least two Soras. A few Swainson's Thrushes and an occasional
Gray-cheeked Thrush are still heard migrating (as of last night). It's been
really neat hand browsing these data; I've saved clips of lots of interesting
and unidentified bird sounds, including shorebirds. Quiet nights can be hand
browsed in about 45 minutes, but busier nights from earlier in the spring could
take upwards of 3-4 hours (because I'm selecting and saving all audio clips).

Sincerely,
Chris T-H