From: "Benjamin Van Doren" <bmvando...@gmail.com>
To: "Michael O'Brien" <tsw...@comcast.net>
Cc: "Ethan Duke" <ethan.d...@mrbo.org>, "NFC-L" <nf...@list.cornell.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:42:15 AM
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] head-scratcher

Hi Ethan, All,

I recorded this possible Barn Owl on May 1 of last year. No Barn Owls occur in
the area in which it was recorded (so presumably a migrant), but it does sound
very good for this species in my opinion and definitely has a similar rising
inflection. Great Horned is also a possibility and nests nearby but I think
Barn fits this call better (more of a "white noise" feel and hissing quality).
Thoughts welcome on this one.

Benjamin Van Doren
Ithaca, NY