This morning at 5 when I stepped out of our house in Gardiner, Maine
(south-central Maine about 30 miles from coast) in the dark, the sky was filled
with flight calls of birds (low ceiling, intermittent light showers). Using my
iPhone I made a 5 minute recording of what it sounded like if anyone is
interested (link below). Sadly, I was not running my audio station....

Haven't gone through really carefully but includes Hermit Thrushes, Swainson's
Thrushes, Savannah Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers, White-throated Sparrows, a
Common Yellowthroat, perhaps a couple of Swamp/Lincoln's Sparrows and I'm sure
some other things too.

http://soundcloud.com/birdwells/sounds-from-thursday-morning-1

Jeff Wells

ARCHIVES: