Dear Listmembers,

I encountered a problem on a NFS mounted file system.
We have all home directories mounted via NFS, works fine
except for the following:
When the SGID bit is set, it is not possible to create
subdirectorys:

# pwd
/home/username
# mkdir nfstest
# chmod g+s nfstest
# mkdir nfstest/test
mkdir: Failed to make directory "nfstest/test"; Permission denied

The home directory are automounted with the following flags:

# mount
/home/username on xxx:/export/home/username
remote/read/write/setuid/devices/xattr/dev=470004d on Thu Mar  8 08:36:58
2007

This happens on a Solaris 10 machine; user, group and automount information
are
fetched from a LDAP server.

Presumably it's just a mount option I'm missing, but spending quite some
time now,
I couldn't figure out what is causing this.

Cheers,
Frank