Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:46:13AM -0700, Jordan Brown wrote:
>> Nicolas Williams wrote:
>>> In other words: it's safe to use any _documented_ feature of rpcgen.
>> Right, and these various possibilities all depend on _undocumented_
>> features and behaviors.
>
> I'm not seeing what undocumented feature you'll be relying on.

Actually, there's one variant that would rely only on arguably documented
features:  if you use -L and interpose on syslog.  Interposing on libc
functions just makes me queasy.

All of the other variations involve macros and those make assumptions about
the structure of the generated file.

> Even if you were, if it's a "behavior that rises to the level of an
> interface" then you're still safe.
>
> If in doubt then ask ARC members if it's worth running a case.

Yes on both counts.